Wednesday began the tradition of Lent.
Since I can remember, I always made an effort to give up something for the tradition and not eat meat on Friday’s. While I have not been to church in quite some time, I remain spiritual.
Religion is not what this post is about, though!
This is about what I am choosing to do for Lent.
Rather than give up something, I have decided to make better what God has given me. That means, taking care of myself and giving myself a better image.
Eating better, not slumming around in pajamas all day, being more active, sparking creativity, challenging myself, and making that climb to a happier and healthier Kellie.
Here are my steps to getting back on track!
1. Clean eating – This is not as difficult as it sounds. After doing some quick reading, I realized that most of the time, we are already doing this as a family. Now it’s just a matter of being more portion-conscious.
2. Breakfast – I’m really terrible at this. I was making smoothies almost every day and when I was, I was feeling better. This is something I want to get back into doing. They were delicious, filling, and gave me that boost that breakfast gives to you.
3. Drink More Water – I’m pretty good at this, but I could be doing better.
4. A Power Hour – I’m usually getting up with my little brother in the morning, and for a while, I was getting up at 7:00 AM to have coffee and me time before the hustle and bustle of getting off to school started. I need to get back into doing this.
5. Dress With a Smile – It’s important to fill every day with positivity. Smile when you wake up. Tell yourself that you’re beautiful and worth it. Remind yourself that you matter and that people love you.
Keep at it and don’t get discouraged. Everything takes work and if you’re willing to put in the time, the results will be amazing!